Andrew C Hsia
84 Orange St.
Woodbridge NJ 07095
To apply my education and experience in a challenge environment that will fulfill project goals using emerging technology.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Significant experience in a computer laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly in changing environments and with diverse cultures.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Proficient in UNIX, PC, and database applications, as well as in C++, C, Perl, Pascal, Visual Basic, and shell language.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving ability.
AT&T Bell Laboratories 5/1995 - Present
- Leading a system administrative team supporting 9 projects with 700+ users
- Install, configure, and troubleshooting various model of Sun Sparc servers and workstations
- Install, configure, and troubleshooting various model of HP servers and workstations
- Design and integrate client/server environment with centralized data management and distributed computing (NIS,NIS+,DNS)
- Install and configure Oracle, Informix, and Sybase
- Install network print servers, mail servers, and network license servers
- Install necessary operating system patches
- Develope scripts to automate system administrative task
- Install and configure automate tape backup library system in client/server environment
- Install and configure Cisco router, x25, and datakit in UNIX environemnt
- Install and configure MS platform server/client
- Integrate MS client with UNIX server
- Setup Browser, Web server and Web site
- Design, and program home pages using HTML, Perl and Java
- Install project development software applications
- Migrated 5 TCP/IP networks when AT&T splits into three companies
Frigidaire 9/1993 - 2/1994 12/1994 - 5/1995
- AS/400 Operator
- Helpdesk in AS400,AIX,OS/2 environment supporting 300+ users
- Use computer technology to automate manufacturing process